Get involved in educating and informing citizens of your local area about solar energy.
Below you’ll find our “Volunteer Toolkit” with helpful information on what, why and how a Co-op is important to the future of Florida’s solar energy use.
- One Page Flyer:
What is FL SUN? What is a Co-op, and how does it work?
- Download introductory PowerPoint:
Why Should I Care About Solar?
- Interested Leagues should complete and return Local League Letter of Commitment to LWVFL State League office.
- Free tee shirts for your FL Sun- Email State Chair
- Homeowner Rights To Solar: State law requires Homeowner Associations to allow rooftop solar on every home. Read the Florida Home Owners Solar Rights Act here.
- PowerPoint to Urge Local Governments to Adopt PACE: What Local Governments Can do to Connect their Citizens to Affordable Clean Renewable Energy!
- Host a screening of the IMAX MOVIE Catching the Sun and reach more people. Click here to contact Carra Cheslin, Director of Engagement, FL SUN, for more details.
- INTERESTED IN Property Assessed Clean Energy Financing for Solar (PACE) and other improvements? Here is a list of the PACE financing providers authorized to operate in Florida: Florida PACE Funding Agency;
- LWV First Coast League to JEA: LWV First Coast Solar Comments to JEA Board
- STATES THAT REQUIRE UTILITIES TO REIMBURSE CUSTOMERS FOR UNUSED SOLAR
- SAMPLE PRESS RELEASE/Installer Selection