The League of Women Voters of Florida supports a healthcare system that provides access to comprehensive quality care for all Florida residents and strives to reduce costs without limiting services or quality.
- Medicaid Expansion to provide access to health insurance for low-income Floridians
- Expanding oral health services to include dental therapists as providers.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) including Medicaid Expansion to improve access to affordable comprehensive health insurance for all Floridaresidents.
- Access to substance abuse, and mental health services for all Floridians
- Adequate care and needed family support for those with developmental and physical disabilities.
Current Activity Focus:
- Advocating for Medicaid Expansion through engaging inthe statewide education and advocacy campaign.
- Collaborating with advocates of dental therapyprograms and supporting efforts to provide affordable dental care for low-income Floridians.
- Monitoring relevant legislation to defend against bills that decrease health care access or quality and support legislation that improves health services.