Healthcare in Florida
The League of Women Voters of Florida supports a healthcare system that provides access to comprehensive quality care for all Florida residents and strives to reduce costs without limiting services or quality.
- Medicaid Expansion to provide access to health insurance for low-income Floridians
- Expanding oral health services to include dental therapists as providers.
- The Affordable Care Act (ACA) including Medicaid Expansion to improve access to affordable comprehensive health insurance for all Florida residents.
- Access to substance abuse, and mental health services for all Floridians
- Adequate care and needed family support for those with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Advocating for Medicaid Expansion through engaging in the statewide education and advocacy campaign.
- Collaborating with advocates of dental therapy programs and supporting efforts to provide affordable dental care for low-income Floridians.
- Monitoring relevant legislation to defend against bills that decrease health care access or quality and support legislation that improves health services.
Health Care in Florida Chair: Diane Dimperio firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the LWVFL Health Care Team! You must be a member of the League of Women Voters of Florida or one of our Local Chapters to participate, please become a member HERE.