Health Care in Florida
The League of Women Voters of Florida supports legislation that builds a health care system that provides access to comprehensive quality care for all Florida residents. We work to promote a health care system that strives to reduce costs without limiting services or quality that also provides access to a basic level of quality care for all citizens.
By securing equal rights and equal opportunity for all and promoting social and economic justice, we ensure the health and safety of all Americans. The League of Women Voters of Florida supports measures to implement Florida health care in a manner consistent with the LWVUS position on Health Care reform.
Issues for Action:
- Support implementation of the Federal Health Care Reform Law in Florida, emphasizing access for all and control of costs including Medicaid expansion and mental health coverage.
- Support the education of Floridians regarding supplication for coverage.
- Support Medicaid Expansion to provide access to health insurance for low-income Floridians
- Expanding oral health services to include dental therapists as providers.
- Protecting the Affordable Care Act (ACA) including Medicaid Expansion to improve access to affordable comprehensive health insurance for all Florida residents.
- Ensuring access to substance abuse, and mental health services for all Floridians
- Ensuring adequate careand needed family support for those with developmental and physical disabilities.
The League of Women Voters of Florida Supports these Key Issues:
- Advocating for Medicaid Expansion through engaging in the statewide education and advocacy campaign.
- Collaborating with advocates of dental therapy programs and supporting efforts to provide affordable dental care for low-income Floridians.
- Monitoring relevant legislation to defend against bills that decrease health care access or quality and support legislation that improves health services.
Health Care in Florida Chair: Diane Dimperio firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the LWVFL Health Care Team! You must be a member of the League of Women Voters of Florida or one of our Local Chapters to participate, please become a member HERE.