The League of Women Voters of Florida supports state legislation for energy conservation and greater use of renewable sources like solar energy. The League supports policies that promote conservation of fresh water and its availability for environmental, public, agricultural, industrial, and mining uses on a priority basis. LWVFL also supports legislation to ban oil and gas drilling off Florida’s coast, as well as funding for public transportation.
Key issues include:
- Funding Florida Forever of the Water and Land Legacy Act/Protect our state parks
- Ban “fracking” in Florida
- Restore and protect our water and aquifers
- Promote a carbon free Florida
- Sustainability and adaption planning for climate change
The Clean Energy Action Team is a Natural Resources subcommittee focused on a carbon free Florida, including Solar and clean cars (EVs). Click here for the Clean Energy Action Team.
The Natural Resource Committee is focused on the impact of the Red Tide/Blue Green Algae crisis, and action steps we can take moving forward. Click here for a comprehensive page on this issue.