The Poverty Action Team is committed to changing the negative outcomes of poverty and increasing life opportunities for all our residents. Current programs meant to help the poor become self-sufficient and improve their quality of life can instead create barriers for low income families, making these goals more difficult. Our team advocates for these families through open dialog with our state and local legislators
- Increase affordable housing with full Sadowski Act funding and end housing discrimination
- Expand social welfare benefits such as TANF, SNAP, WIC, & Medicaid to serve more low-income Floridians
- Increase subsidized childcare and access to quality early learning for all children
- Reform biased and unfair sentencing codes and practices that produce felony convictions with lifelong collateral consequences. For more information click here.
- Address barriers and increase access to public transportation
Poverty Task Force Chair: Beth Hovind