Women’s Reproductive Health in Florida
The League of Women Voters of Florida supports every woman’s right to access affordable, high-quality reproductive health care, including access to abortion services and birth control. Public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right to privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
- Treating reproductive rights — including access to abortion — as a healthcare issue decidable by a woman and her qualified healthcare provider
- Comprehensive sex education in schools to prevent unintended pregnancy, including increased access to publicly-funded family planning services & information on sexually transmitted diseases and birth control
- Collaboration with 50+ organizations in the Floridians for Reproductive Freedom coalition in opposition to current or proposed restrictions on birth control and/or abortion
- Support of legislation that advances reproductive rights and comprehensive sex education
- Oppose restrictive legislation (for example, laws that threaten a woman’s right to choose)
- Initiate a campaign to write Letters-to-the-Editor in support of LWVFL reproductive rights goals
- Provide women with information on the full range of reproductive health care
- Raise awareness of the impact on reproductive rights of Supreme Court cases & nominations and Crisis Pregnancy Centers (that is, CPCs or Fake Clinics)
What can you do?
- Participate in the LWVFL Reproductive Health & Justice Committee monthly phone calls on the 2nd Monday of each month at noon. You must pre-register to receive call-in instructions
- Find out about RHJ committee activities in your area by using the LWVFL chapters list
For specific recent information and opinions on women’s reproductive rights and access to birth control, click here.
Reproductive Health and Justice Issue Chair: Jo Shim email@example.com
Join the LWVFL Reproductive Health and Justice Team! You must be a member of the League of Women Voters of Florida or one of our Local Chapters to participate, please become a member HERE.