The League of Women Voters of Florida supports every woman’s right to access affordable, high-quality reproductive health care, including access to abortion services and birth control. Public policy in a pluralistic society must affirm the constitutional right to privacy of the individual to make reproductive choices.
- Treating reproductive rights — including access to abortion — as a healthcare issue decidable by a woman and her qualified healthcare provider
- Comprehensive sex education in schools to prevent unintended pregnancy, including increased access to publicly-funded family planning services & information on sexually transmitted diseases and birth control
- Collaboration with 50+ organizations in the Floridians for Reproductive Freedom coalition in opposition to current or proposed restrictions on birth control and/or abortion
- Support of legislation that advances reproductive rights and comprehensive sex education
- Oppose restrictive legislation (for example, laws that threaten a woman’s right to choose)
- Initiate campaign to write Letters-to-the-Editor in support of LWVFL reproductive rights goals
- Provide women with information on the full range of reproductive health care
- Raise awareness of the impact on reproductive rights of Supreme Court cases & nominations and Crisis Pregnancy Centers (that is, CPCs or Fake Clinics)
What can you do?
- Participate in the LWVFL Reproductive Health & Justice Committee monthly phone calls on the 2nd Monday of each month at noon. You must pre-register to receive call-in instructions
- Find out about RHJ committee activities in your area by using the LWVFL chapters list